Brian mentioned in a previous post our current challenge with my health and I wanted to add my thoughts.
Medical emergencies can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating. To help me through these challenges, I have the following to be thankful for:
- A loving husband who inspires me everyday to be a better person
- The emotional support from family and friends
- Good health insurance (and being prepared for the extra medical costs if necessary)
- The benefit of taking medical leave from work and having a job to return to
I choose to focus on all the positives in my life right now and there are many to celebrate:
- Returning to the studio today for the first time in weeks and feeling inspired to create
- Having family visiting this week
- Getting a call from my boss who wants to meet me for lunch tomorrow
- Receiving letters and emails of love and support from friends and coworkers
I have created a new task for myself. Every day I will acknowledge how I am feeling at that moment, remind myself to give thanks for all the positive influences in my life and find something to celebrate. Today I have an overwhelming feeling of gratitude.